The summer season is officially upon us, and our home system is working extra hard during this time of the year. That's why it's important to keep up with a summer home maintenance checklist!
Here are 4 maintenance tasks to keep up with this summer:
- Inspect decks, porches and stairs for signs of wear and tear. With all this extra time spent outside, you'll want to keep an eye out for any loose parts and signs of rot should be tended to ASAP to uphold its integrity.
- While you're at it, inspecting all exterior wood surfaces for signs of weathering would be wise. Not only does damaged trim distract from your home's beauty, it could leave it vulnerable to water damage that may eventually affect the structure of a home if left untreated.
- Every week you should take a moment to walk around your property and look for any overgrown vegetation along your home's walls and fences. Depending on how close the vegetation is to your house, pruning and trimming offers many benefits in protecting your home from siding damage and managing pests and insects.
- You'll want to keep an eye on your A/C unit too! You want the area around it to be cleared of any debris to make room for adequate airflow.
- When it comes to changing your HVAC filters, sticking to a routine is best. Not only does routinely changing the filters protect your unit from unnecessary damage, but it can help keep a lower electric bill for you!
- If you find your A/C unit still isn't performing at its best after changing out the filter, it may be a good idea to call in a professional.